|“||The gods cannot protect us from what has already happened, for they are as bound by Time as the rest of us.||”|
The gods are a very important part of the Orlanthi culture and daily life. They provide blessings, and demand to be worshipped.
For gods that aren't part of the Orlanthi pantheon (gods revered by other races or worshipped only by a minority of Orlanthi clans), go to the gods category.
The Orlanthi recognize the existance of hundreds of gods, the most important of which are the following.
- Orlanth, the father, King of Gods, and god of Storm
- Ernalda, the mother, wife of Orlanth, and Queen of the Earth
- Elmal, god of the Sun
- Ancestors (not exactly gods, but revered all the same)
- Barntar, the Plowman
- Chalana Arroy, the Healer
- Eurmal, the Trickster
- Humakt, god of War and Death
- Issaries, god of Trade, Travel, and Concilliation
- Lhankor Mhy, god of Lawspeaking and Knowledge
- Maran Gor, goddess of Earthquakes and Destruction
- Odayla, god of Hunting
- Uralda, the Cow Mother
- Urox, or the Storm Bull, fighter of Chaos
- Vinga, the Adventuress
- Kero Fin, goddess of Childbirth. Orlanth's Mother.
- Wind Spirits, minor deities related to Orlanth and his mother Kero Fin.
- Tarard Riel, a lesser deity who is the spirit of the local hills.
- Heler, god of Rain
- Yinkin, god of Alynxes
The Orlanthi also know of a few gods they do not worship, and must defeat. They are the ancient enemies of Orlanth.